This archived Web page remains online for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated. Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats of this page on the Contact Us page.
Featured Books and Links
Census at School. - [Cited June 2, 2005]. - Access: www19.statcan.ca/
- An international Web-based classroom activity for students aged 8 to 18. Help your students develop computer literacy, critical thinking and technology skills. Raise their awareness of civic duty and the benefits of census-taking. Encourage positive attitudes to statistics. This is knowledge-based learning at its best!
The Canadian Encyclopedia online. -- [Cited Feb. 14,2005]. Access: www.canadianencyclopedia.ca
- Explore every conceivable subject on Canada including history, geography, culture, sports, politics, business, social issues, education, science, technology and current events at www.canadianencyclopedia.ca Search 40,000 articles, 6,000 photographs, interactive maps, videos, animations, quizzes and engaging multimedia games. Available in French and in English, free of charge.
Find also The Encyclopedia of Music in Canada.
Our Roots : Canada's Local Histories Online. -- [Cited Aug. 31,2004]. Access: http://www.ourroots.ca/e/
- These innovative educational modules provide Canadian youth with engaging ways to make Canadian history personally exciting and relevant by bringing local histories into the curriculum.
Ontario History Quest [online]. -- [Cited April 26, 2004]. -- Access: http://ohq.tpl.toronto.on.ca/home2.jsp
- New online tool for grades 7, 8, 10 and 12 History students with searchable databases using primary sources to discover Ontario's history.
- Kids' Take on Media: What 5,700 Canadian kids say about movies, TV, video and computer games and more! Includes a full report, teacher/student activity guide and workshop for parents.
- Teachers and the Challenge of Teaching in Francophone Minority Settings. Final research report prepared by Anne Gilbert, Sophie LeTouzé, Joseph Yvon Thériault and Rodrique Landry. September 2004. ISBN 0-88989-347-0
Froese-Germain, Bernie. -- Virtual education, real educators : issues in online learning. -- Ottawa : Professional and Developmental Services, Canadian Teachers' Federation, 2003. -- 71 p. -- Also published in French under the title: Éducation virtuelle : éducatrices et éducateurs réels : enjeux de l'apprentissage en ligne
- A publication that helps teachers critically examine the implications of online education in the context of their own classrooms and profession.
Media Awareness Network [online]. -- [Cited March 9, 2004]. --
- Offers resources and support for everyone interested in media and information literacy for young people.